Browsing problem on the Windows Side

Scott McLeod scottmcleod at mediaone.net
Mon Oct 22 07:56:02 GMT 2001

Hi fellow Samba Users,

I've recently added a RedHat/Samba box to a Windows network and
got an unpleasant surprise.  Windows machines that logout and
then log back in are unable to browse AND unable to map drives.

The machines that were logged in before Samba booted continue
to work fine.  We've repeated the experience a couple times to
make sure we understood the symptoms.

I'll continue trying to pinpoint the problem but I was hoping
that if you've seen this problem you could help point me in the
right direction.

Thanks.

Scott McLeod
scottmcleod at mediaone.net