Request for Tech Support

Juli L. Jacobs julij at sedata-payroll.com
Tue Oct 16 05:39:03 GMT 2001

I have been working with Windows/DOS all my life and I am totally Linux/Unix
illiterate. My boss just bought a new Dell server and I am trying to
configure Linux RedHat 7 on the box. Can one of you geniuses please tell me
in simple English how to edit the smb.conf from the command line. I can't
get the swat program (or XFree86 for that matter) to work on my machine. I
would really appreciate any assistance you can render. Thank-you... I will
certainly be happy to contribute Pizza money if you guys can help me or
point me towards any reference material that is written in a simple language
that I can understand.

Juli L. Jacobs
Mgr Network Operations
Sedata Payroll Express