Samba 2.2.2 and logfiles

Jens Wahnes jewa at gmx.net
Sun Oct 14 04:23:03 GMT 2001

I'm having trouble with the logging in Samba 2.2.2.  I usually specify
the name of the logfile on the command line (e.g., "nmbd -D -l
/path/to/logfiles").  This used to work with Samba 2.2.1a but does not
work anymore with Samba 2.2.2.  I could not find anything about changes
to the logging mechanisms in the 2.2.2 announcement, so I am wondering
what's wrong here.  Specifying "log file = filename" in smb.conf seems
to work, but then the log file contains less information older versions
used to have.

Jens