Manintaining Public Share file Permissions

Tom Bartos tbartos at tombartos.com
Thu Oct 4 07:34:03 GMT 2001

In my  home network I have a Public Share /usr/pub where I store *.jpg and *.mp3  and other common files

Goal: I would like any user with access to that share to have read write execute on any file in that share at any time.

Problem: Directory and File permissions of New files  in the share ( /usr/pub ) are created with rwxr--r-- permissions

Question:  Can I set up permissions for  /usr/pub and any directory/file below that to have rwxrwxrwx permissions anytime any new file/directory is created.

-Thanks