Terminal Server and Samba

Stephen Carville stephen at totalflood.com
Fri Nov 30 05:25:03 GMT 2001

I am having a problem getting samba to work with terminal server.  My
smb.conf file looks like:

[global]
         workgroup = TOTALFLOOD
         server string = Samba Server
         security = SERVER
         encrypt passwords = Yes
         password server = atlantic
         username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         max log size = 0
         dns proxy = No
         printing = lprng

...etc

which works fine with workstations. However, whenever logging onto
terminal server with a domain account, I cannot get samba to give the
user access.  The server just keeps asking for a name and password but
will not accept any combination.  A local account on the terminal
server works fine if the username and password are the same as for the
domain account.

I tried using a sniffer to determine what the difference is but, swelp
me, I cannot see it.  Any ideas how to fix this?

I am using samba v2.2.1a on Redhat 7.0.

--
-- Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator