Problem uploading printer drivers

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Nov 29 10:42:50 GMT 2001

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Amy Tanner wrote:

> I'm running samba 2.2.2-6 on a redhat 7.2 box running 2.4.9-7 kernel...
>
> I'm trying to upload printer drivers from a Windows 2000 client.  I've
> followed the instructions in the samba howto collection.  I've created
> the print$ share, created the printer directory and subdirs, and made
> sure they are writeable by me.  I put myself in the write list and the
> printer admin list.
>
> I've tried to install the drivers by doing the following:
>
> start-> run \\sambasrvr
> double-click printers folder
> right-click printer, select properties
> when prompted, click 'no' to install printer drivers
> click Sharing tab -> Install additional Drivers
> select Intel Windows 2000, click OK
>
> I get this error:
>
> Unable to install Intel, Windows 2000 printer drivers.  Operation
> unable to be completed.

Uggh...what driver? Can you send it to me off list?
Sounds like you did everything else right.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org
 http://www.hp.com        Hewlett-Packard      gerald_carter_at_hp.com