mount error mail

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Wed Nov 21 11:09:25 GMT 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Sommai Fongnamthip wrote:

> Dear all,
> 	I've been use cron job to mount NT drive from Linux but it send mail to
> root account with this message:
>
> 	mount error: Device or resource busy
> 	Please refer to the smbmnt(8) manual page
> 	smbmnt failed: 255

What is the command you use to mount?

Do you have smbmount and smbmnt in the path?
Do you have /sbin/mount.smbfs pointing to smbmount?

I believe that this is caused by mount attempting to mount without using
smbmount, and that if you check your kernel logs you will see an error
message from smbfs.

You should check the paths to smbmount and smbmnt, as well as checking
that they both are from the same samba version (if you upgraded from an
old version, ensure that none are from the old version).

Both commands should print a version number if executed without any other
parameters (if they do not, they are not 2.2 versions).

/Urban