Win2k terminal server and "MultipleUsersOnConnection"

reinout.wijnveen at philips.com reinout.wijnveen at philips.com
Mon Nov 19 00:48:07 GMT 2001

Andre,

Did you actually try to add it?

If i recall things correctly we had to add this key to the registry on NT 4 TSE (this was before samba had the .reg files). It was non-existent before. It might work the same way on a Win2k Terminal server

-
Regards,
Reinout Wijnveen

"All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand"

ICT-N/Philips Semiconductors Nijmegen
Address: AC 0.061, Gerstweg 2, 6534 AE Nijmegen, Fax: +31 24 353 2019

                    "Andre de Koning"
                    <andre at vippayroll           To:  <samba at lists.samba.org>
                    .co.za>                     cc:  (bcc: Reinout Wijnveen/NYM/SC/PHILIPS)
                    Sent by:                    Subject:  Win2k terminal server and
                    samba-admin at lists            "MultipleUsersOnConnection"
                    .samba.org
                                                Classification:

                    11/19/01 09:28 AM

On NT4 terminal server it is possible to change a registry setting to make it create one connection to samba per user ....

I know there has been a lot of discussion around this but I can't find a definative answer in any of the posts: How do you do this with 2000?
The fact that it only runs one smb process is causing serious problems on my samba server.

Anybody?

Andre