Kernel Oplocks

Dragos dragos.delcea at farmexim.ro
Mon Nov 19 06:53:05 GMT 2001

On Monday 19 November 2001 03:09 pm, Andre Klocke wrote:
> What kind of propblems are you talking about? Is it fixed in 2.2.2?
> (Question to all others!!!)
>
> Well, I hope everything will work all right, because we would get trouble
> in the other way.
> Thanks,
>
> Andre

I had problems with logon scripts that were longer than 8.3 standard dos
filename; the misfunction was erratic, for some hosts worked, for some, not,
they were all the same win98, so the problem was very hard to track down; the
day I changed it to no, it worked flawlessly ever since...
anyway, as I understand, this functionality was most needed for those who had
samba shares on a NFS mounted directories, or for those who have access from
samba and linux simoultaneousely (is this a word!?)

dragos