IPC$ password help?

Jaysun ceil at subdimension.com
Sun Nov 18 13:59:02 GMT 2001

Hello, im having a problem when trying to access to the server, i get a dialog requesting the password for a user IPC$
I did what the HOWTO says and put encrypt passwords=yes in the [global] section and im logged into the windows machine as 'ceil'  for networking, on the server box i did smbpasswd -a ceil     and added the same passwd on the windows machine. I still get that request and no passwords work, is there something im missing? Below is my smb.conf

[global]
    workgourp = my.home
    encrypt passwords=yes

[blah]