Credentials problem.

Ashley Oviatt aoviatt at qwest.net
Fri Nov 16 12:46:02 GMT 2001

Hello,

I have set up a samba server 2.2.2 on Redhat 7.1. I have set it up as
the PDC and have several Win2k clients I wish to join the domain. Now I
am having the error message "The credentials supplied conflict with the
existing credentials." I have seen in other posts that I should use the
IP address of the samba server instead of the domain name, but that
comes back with an error that the domain could not be found or is
unreachable.

I have gone through DIAGNOSIS.txt and still no luck.  Basically, I can
access the share from the Win2k machine  if it is set to workgroup. If
it goes to domain, I get the error.

The only reason I want to do domain login is so I can run a global login
script to map drive letters to anyone who logs onto the server. If
there's a way to do that globally on the win2k machines without joining
the domain, I'm all for that as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ashley