Red Hat 7.2 RPM for 2.2.2

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Nov 15 06:53:21 GMT 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Phillip Dew wrote:

> So ....... please excuse my ignorance...... where exactly do I
> download the source (CVS) and is the "packaging/RedHat" part of the
> CVS ? The "packaging/RedHat" seems to be what I needed for my first
> attempt with 2.2.1.

See http://samba.org/samba/cvs.html for details on getting the CVS code.
You need the SAMBA_2_2 branch.

> Also .......... being new to the samba-binaries list, how does one
> reply/respond to an entry on the list? I was expecting a 'reply' or
> 'respond' option at the bottom when you open a thread. ?????

This type of question is probably better suited for the main
Samba list anyways.  The samba-binaries is really a low noise list
for coordinating packaged releases with the source release.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA  Team             jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org
 http://www.hp.com        Hewlett-Packard