Directory Permissions.

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 08:46:02 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I've got a RH7.2 system running Samba 2.2.1-4 RPM's and I've got a
permissions problem.

I've got a share //dcomp2/windows which points to my vfat partition mounted
on /drvc/  with UID/GID options in fstab set to my unix user.

I can then connect to that share okay, and I can create/amend/delete files
without a problem.  The problem arrises when I descend down the tree, e.g.
double click on the 'Program Files' folder.  Once I do this, I can read fine,
but I can no longer create/amend/delete.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

--
Gary Stainburn