Samba and Win98 dail up connection

Oliver Six o.six at cahos.net
Sun Nov 4 08:48:02 GMT 2001

"Tamu Green" <tamu at sprynet.com> wrote on 03.11.2001 02:16:27:

>I have a home network with my dial up connection on the windows 98 machine.
>Since I have installed SAMBA and configured the computers to see each
>other, I can no longer pull up a website on the windows 98 machine.  The
>problem is that I have assigned a permanent IP address for the Intranet.
>I have to use DHCP for the dail up connection.  Therefore the IP address
>that I assign to Windows machine for samba does not work with the dail up
>connection account. If I have not confused anyone, what should I do?

Hi Tamu,

try to set "use default gateway in remote network" (retranslated from
german win, may differ) on the win box.

Ciao Oliver
--
Good programming is 40% experience, 30% skill, 20% RTFM, 10% caffeine, and
5% attention to detail.

Oliver Six, CAHOS GmbH, Cimbernstr. 51, Germany 81377 Muenchen, Phone +49
89 71 01 93 40,  Fax +49 89 71 01 93 41