Windows 2000 issues

Anthony aslan at ispdr.net.au
Sun Nov 4 08:04:07 GMT 2001

Hi everyone. It's just gone 3am here so I'll make this quick! Is there a
known issue with Samba 2.0.10 / 2.2.2 and Windows 2000 in the sense that
creating a directory, then creating a file within that directory and then
getting the properties of that file, causes the directory to be
unremovable?! I've done the above some 1.3 million times now, and every
time I get an error message about a sharing violation. I hoped Samba 2.2.2
would solve the problem, but it didn't. Perhaps I'm overlooking something?
I've tried it on both Win2k SP1 and SP2, and both are giving the same
results. Any input on this matter would be very much appreciated!