One more Time.

Ed Mann ed.mann at cp-direct.com
Fri Nov 2 13:05:05 GMT 2001

Okay, all i want is it does not work, or it does work and you are doing
something wrong.

I have my samba server setup and running 2.2.2 with
linux-2.2.5_SGI_XFS_1.0.1. I am also using winbind, and it is great. If
I can get this last bit to work I will upgrade allot of my servers.

1. I create a folder on the samba server and make the Domain
Administrator owner and Domain Admins the group. Both groups have full
control over this directory. 3776 is what the directory is set to.
2. Log into NT machine as Administrator and check the ACL's one the
file. Just the basic ones. So I go and add some groups and users to the
file. All works well. Cool! ( I really do like this).
3. Log out of NT machine and back in as user Ed. Now Ed is in Domain
Admins group and should be able to change rights on the folder. So I go
look at the ACL's for the folder and I can see the changes that I made
as Administrator. So I click on remove to get a few users out and click
ok, but an error will return telling me Access Denied! Do you wish to
continue?

So my question is what am I doing wrong here?

I have attached my smb.conf file for you viewing pleasure.

[global]

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
   workgroup = CDC
   nt acl support = yes
   netbios name = storm
   server string = Samba Server