readonly - can't change

Storm Jumper stormjumper at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 2 02:27:01 GMT 2001

hi Rory,

i had the same problem trying to make my samba shares writeable,
although my was thru' win9x clients.

im my case,
i realised that the username logged in at my win9x
didn't have write permissions to my samba shares,
so a chmod 777 to the appropriate directories in Linux
solve the problem.

hope this helps...