readonly - can't change

Rory O'Connor midget at elaris.com
Thu Nov 1 23:18:01 GMT 2001

thanks for your help.  I know my smb.conf file doesn't make a world of
sense, but I was pulling out all the stops to try to get some kind of
r/w access to my linux box.  I tried your edited file, and changing the
masks to 0755, but still to no avail - can only get readonly access.

the user on my win2k box is the same user/pass as the linux box, but
could it be something to do with the password encryption?  has anyone
else had trouble trying to get r/w access from win2k to linux thru samba
2.0.7?

any help is appreciated!

rory