PDC Problem....

Jaco Swart jaco.swart at iblocks.co.uk
Wed May 9 11:37:26 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with a machine that is joining my Samba PDC.  The machine joins the domain and I get the welcome to the XXXX domain message.  I can then start the samba server and I can even see the machine and shares from a win2k machine under network places.  The problem is though that if I try clicking on the share it gives me a "the network name could not be found".

I can list those shares also from smbclient. But if I try to connect I get a "tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share name)"

My "secondary" machines config looks something like this.....

[global]
        netbios name = sec
        workgroup = XXXXX
        security = domain
        encrypt passwords = yes
        password server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
[doc]
        comment = Doc Share directory.
        path = /docs
        public = yes
        writeable = yes
        printable = no

I'm using samba 2.2.0 on both the pdc and this machine.  The pdc btw. seems to be working fine.  I can login with win2k machines etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jaco Swart