Strange Networking Problem?

Keith Mastin kmastin at beechtree-its.com
Tue May 8 01:01:45 GMT 2001

Hello Bill,
Off the top of my head, I gotta say this is in all likelyhood NOT a
samba problem. The disconnecting from the network sounds like it is the
result of a cumulative phenomenon, possibly stemming from your NIC.
I can only suggest to follow your instincts and change the card. I would
also check dmesg, ifconfig, /etc/modules.conf, /var/log/messages,
syslogs and netstat for any clues.
I would also be interested to hear any results you can find regarding
this, as I have run across something similar once before with no
resolution.

Keith Mastin	     kmastin at beechtree-its.com
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    M4G 3V5    Tel(416)696-6070
	http://www.beechtree-its.com