extending samba outside of a LAN

Todd Swain tswain at attglobal.net
Wed May 2 12:35:30 GMT 2001

Tom, yes it is possible to mount NFS shares outside you LAN. However, NFS is
a fairly slow method. Also, in versions of Samba pre 2.2.0 there were issues
with locking between NFS and Samba. I have read that 2.2.0 has made some
provisions to help take care of this, but I haven't tested it myself.

--T.