Samba and Gigbit Ethernet

Mitchell Hicks mhicks at pulmonetic.com
Thu Mar 29 17:52:14 GMT 2001

we're running redhat 6.2 samba 2.0.7 and a 3com gigbit ethernet card...

I'm looking for performance tips for samba to improve performce...
it's a PIII/700 with 768Megs ram 2 20gig drives software mirroring raid 1
i've set the MTU to 9000 but the largest packet it send's is 1500 is this a
limit of samba or the rest of the network....

it's connected to a cisco 3548 switch via fiber...

I'd like the comptuer to Dump 9000 packets to the swith and let the swith
fragment them to the pc's...

Thanks for your help...

Mitchell Hicks
Pulmonetic Systems