Fwd: Re: win98-samba2.0.7 = Network collisions

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:39:55 GMT 2001

looks like you sent this to the wrong person...

----- Forwarded message from JON GERDES <GERDESJ at gkn-whl.co.uk> -----

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:17:40 +0000
From: "JON GERDES" <GERDESJ at gkn-whl.co.uk>
To: <mfedyk at matchmail.com>
Subject: Re: win98-samba2.0.7 = Network collisions

Mike

Just a thought.  You do have the duplex set correctly at both ends ?  For example 3Com NICs are terrible at getting it correct - they seem to always assume half duplex.  See "dmesg" for config at Linux end.

If its any use, I've always used:

I always get excelent performance off this so I don't play anymore.  That comes from a box with 500 odd concurrent connections with 6000 odd open files.

Cheers
Jon Gerdes

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 09:04:21PM +0100, jheisel at gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an Samba 2.0.7 Fileserver on my RedHat 7.0 Linuxbox
> Access to the shares with an Linuxclient - all works fine.
> When I use an Win98 or WIN ME client, I've got many network collisions.
> (Same file and share)
> Any ideas ?
> Thereis only one socket option	set in my smb.conf: socket option = TCP_NODELAY
> Network = 100MBit/s Ethernet
> Changing of NICs,cables or Hub doesnt't resolve the Problem.......

Get a switch? ;)

There are a couple more options check `man getsockopt` and see for your
system.

----- End forwarded message -----