Samba and NT file issues

patrick grantham pwgrant at mailandnews.com
Thu Mar 15 19:39:30 GMT 2001

I agree.  My church's admin and school where cringing at the thoiught of
buying a 20 user lic package of win-nt server (or 2000 server.)  I convinced
them to allow me to deploy a linux box with samba and since october not a
single glitch!

File sharing, multi-user apps i.e. quickbooks, print sharing, internet
(cable) firewall and Nat all work perfectly!!  Of all the distrobutions of
linux, SUSE and Mandrak comes nearly ready to use as a samba server right of
the box.  Plus they come with some web based admin tools.  SUSE also somes
with come print text which were very helpful.  Linux/Samba runs on far less
hardware.
Good luck!