Samba Deamon failures

Steve Boronski steve.boronski at swift.stoke.gov.uk
Tue Mar 13 10:12:00 GMT 2001

Folks

This is my first question to this list, we have been running samba 1.9.15 on Solaris 2.5.1 for a number of years, however we have experienced massisve performance problems and have identified samba as being the likely culprit.

We are therfore upgrading to 2.0.7 and this all went well, however when I switch operation to daemon with the -D option, one part of the system (complex document management/workflow) failed everything else works even the PC that has a failure can see the drives and read/write data it simply cannot automatically process some scanned in images.

Any clues as to where I can start looking I am lost.

Regards

Steve Boronski
Steve.Boronski at stoke.gov.uk
Senior Systems Programmer