Samba and W95/98/NT clients - dropping connections

Than Thanui at post.cz
Sat Mar 10 23:34:06 GMT 2001

I'm begginer with samba and mailing lists -
I've problem with my server on RedHat 7.0 .
It's runnig only as a file server.When I log in and I'm doing something ,everything is runnig as it should..

But if I leave computers alone and they are not working for 1.5 min ---> connection is "dropped" and clients show message like:  //Server   destination host unreachable. This endure for 20 sec. and then I'm logged in again. This is the message from /var/log/samba/smb.log

[2001/03/05 08:15:21, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_data(477)
 read_socket_data: recv failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

This problem doesn't occur on net without NT workstations.

Best regards
Petr Than , Czech Republic

Thanui at post.cz