Two annoying problems

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sat Mar 10 13:03:26 GMT 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Bob Sully wrote:

> booted to the 2.2.17 kernel).  I've moved to the 2.4.1 kernel
> because the USB stuff works *much* better.  Under this kernel
> however, Samba (smbd) doesn't start up...smbclient -L gives a
> message about connection refused on port 139.  Support for Samba
> is compiled statically into the kernel.  I did not require NLS.

There is no special support for samba in the kernel (or?), so what do you
mean by that? smbfs is a client (assuming that is what you meant) and is
not directly linked to samba as a server.

For someone to be able to help you I think you'll have to provide some
more info. Check your logs (samba, kernel, ...) for messages you don't see
under 2.2.

/Urban