revisiting the multiple users using single smbd process

David Zanella zanella at mayo.edu
Thu Mar 8 21:17:48 GMT 2001

We have about 10 citrix servers (WTS 4.0, Citrix 1.8 SP2) that connect up to our
file server (Enterprise 3500 Running Solaris 2.6 and Samba 2.0.7).

The smb connection to the file server exists as a single smbd process
for each citrix server. We belive this is causing a couple of different
problems.

We've applied the registry "fix" as indicated in the samba digests'.
(Specifically, 2000-10-06 by Gerald Carter):

> Found it.  Try this registry setting and reboot
> the Windows TSE hosts.  This file is included in
> the docs tree of the upcoming Samba 2.2.0 release.
>
> Cheers, jerry
>
> ---------cut here-------------------------------------------
> REGEDIT4
>
> ;Subject:       Registry file to force multiple
> ;               NT terminal server users to have
> ;               their own connections.
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters]
> "MultipleUsersOnConnection"=dword:00000001

The problem is, after we apply this fix and reboot the machine, the citrix
server is trashed. Specifically, netbios will not come up and the server
has to be rebuilt. We've had to do rebuilt two servers now.

Anyone else had this bad luck and know what to do about it?