Samba & SCO

Olaf Solutions samba at olafsolutions.com
Tue Mar 6 01:46:04 GMT 2001

Man, if you only just use FreeBSD to replace that SCO machine huh?

I have a binary distro of Samba installed on SCO 5.0.5. It works just fine
execpt the daemon falls a sleep a lot. I have it running in Standalone
mode and not by inetd. I'm not sure it that has anything to do with it.
I think i found the binary from samba.org

Better yet, I just found a link where someone claims to have 2.0.7 for sco

-----> ftp://ftp.tekno-soft.it/samba-2.0.7.sco5.tgz <-----

Maybe this will solve the sleeping issue.
When it doesn't repsond, i just keep refreshing the browse list and it
finally connects.

Hope this helps,
Steve Maroney
steve at olafsolutions.com