help with roaming profile

root lists at gecko.math.ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 2 01:10:30 GMT 2001

I've got a problem loading my roaming profile:
	client - win2k
	domain controllers - winnt server
	profile server - samba 2.0.3

I can log in OK, and the PDC tells the client go attach \\server\userid as
my H: drive. That works, thus samba and the domain controller are properly
exchanging info.

the problem happens right at login though: i can't download my profile.

	Windows cannot copy \\server\userid\ntprofile.pds\(stuff...) to
	location c:\(stuff...). Contact your Network Administrator.
	DETAIL: Access is denied.

This looks like samba isn't letting the server read my profile, which is
odd since I have done a 'chmod -R a+rX ~' on my home dir. (and then i
reset reasonable permissions on my .ssh and mail directories...)

suggestions on where I go from here? what debugging info would people like
to see?

CK

--
Chris Kuethe:  System Administrator  -   U of A Math Dept.

cell: 780.903.9475                    office: CAB553, 780.492.1704
wargames@{edmc.net,hackcanada.com}    ckuethe@[[gecko.]math.]ualberta.ca

Opinions expressed herein are solely the responsibility of
the author. And the author wouldn't have it any other way.