recommendations

Alin Osan aline at home.ro
Wed Jan 31 09:39:19 GMT 2001

On 29 Jan 2001, at 11:47, Steve Kennedy wrote:

> There is another quirk, I have a laptop which I use at my main
> workplace (another company, different domain etc), I would like to
> just plug-into the network here, and again all shares to work. I'm
> using DHCP to set various things, but the workgroup stuff seems to be
> "hardcoded" into Windows (well you can set-it, but manually). IS this
> at all possible ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve
>
> --
> home steve at gbnet.org       * Flat 2, 43 Howitt Road, Belsize Pk,
> London NW3 4LU work steve at thus.net        * tel +44-(0)207 483 1169
> FAX +44-(0)207 483 2455 www  http://www.gbnet.net/ * Personal DFAX +44
> (0)870 1600 842   (fax to email) bits steve at gbnet.net       * mob
> +44-(0)7775755503  Epage steve-pager at gbnet.net

 Try to read "Using Samba" chapter 6 , that comes with samba
2.0.7 or try ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/docs/using_smba.tar.gz.I did
the think you asked some time ago and I'm not quite sure how to
do it again. I remember that I still have these lines in my smb.conf
at work and if you can't find your way let me know.

Alin Osan
Network Administrator
"Fundatia Casa"
http://www.tryrom.com/casa