recommendations

Steve Kennedy steve at gbnet.org
Mon Jan 29 12:14:24 GMT 2001

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 12:57:14PM +0100, James Nord wrote:

> Steve Kennedy wrote:
> > I would like to automagically log-in I guess to the domain, and then
> > have the printers and home dirs automagically mounted.
> > Does this mean I have to upgrade to 2.2.
> Yes, you  need 2.2 for Win2000 machines to join a domain

Thought so :( Damn ...

> > There is another quirk, I have a laptop which I use at my main workplace
> > (another company, different domain etc), I would like to just plug-into
> > the network here, and again all shares to work. I'm using DHCP to set
> > various things, but the workgroup stuff seems to be "hardcoded" into
> > Windows (well you can set-it, but manually). IS this at all possible ?
> You should (when you login) be able (to setup &) choose which domain you
> want to login.
> The you get the profile for that domain.

OK, I tried it before (but it was using Win2K) and the domain didn't
show up.

Anyway I'll give it a go, any tips for setting 2.2 up ?

Steve

--
home steve at gbnet.org       * Flat 2, 43 Howitt Road, Belsize Pk, London NW3 4LU
work steve at thus.net        * tel +44-(0)207 483 1169    FAX +44-(0)207 483 2455