Permissions Problem

Dustin Butler dustin at intrcomm.net
Fri Jan 26 04:21:35 GMT 2001

It seems @ has the same behavior. After reading some more of the Using Samba
book I found these definitions.

write list: Specifies a list of users that have read-write access to a read
only share.

read list: Specifies a list of users that have read-only access to a
writable share.

I was assuming read list meant 'list of users that can read the share' and
write list meant 'list of users that can write to the share'.  It seems
that's not the case.

I think I've found the behavior I want by changing my share definition to
the following

[test]
  path = /home/test
  comment = Testing Permissions