Loosing print jobs

Andrew.Bates at sashuk.com Andrew.Bates at sashuk.com
Thu Jan 25 16:56:28 GMT 2001

Hello,

We are having a problem printing from winnt machines to a samba printer
server.
The software we use uses the same name for most things that are printed,
also it sends some information to the printer before it has compiled the
report, resulting in a delay between the file being created and the job
starting to spool.

It seems that what is happening is that somebody starts to print, the file
is created in /var/spool/samba at 0 length.  Then if someone else prints
before the job spools, there job replaces the first.

We are running Samba 2.0.7 under Red Hat 7.0.

Following is section from smb.conf:

[printers]
     comment = All Printers
     path = /var/spool/samba