Samba 2.0.7 on Sun Solaris 2.6

Glenn Burkhardt glenn at aoi.ultranet.com
Mon Jan 8 13:21:17 GMT 2001

You have to believe the error message.  You must not have the compiler
installed, or have in your execution search path.

You can get a copy of gcc at http://smc.vnet.net/solaris_2.6.html

> Have anybody the error below when installing Samba 2.0.7 on Sun Solaris 2.6

> ------------------------------------
> (/opt2/samba/samba-2.0.7/source)# ./configure
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
> /usr/ucb/cc is installed

Ok, but is that the compiler.  On my system:

[glenn at ceres ~]% /usr/ucb/cc
/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed

so the presence of the file doesn't mean that you have a compiler installed.