Malformed trust password file

Steven Westbrook westbrook at mail.swestbrook.org
Sun Jan 7 17:54:30 GMT 2001

I was looking through my logs this morning and noticed this error.  Looks
like it's been happening quite a bit on my home network of win 98 boxes.
I looked through some of the last months' archives but didn't see
anything... apologies in advance if i missed it....

here are the errors:

[2000/12/30 15:54:28, 0]
passdb/smbpassfile.c:get_trust_account_password(202)
  get_trust_account_password: Malformed trust password file (wrong length
- was
0, should be 45).
[2000/12/30 15:54:28, 0] passdb/smbpassfile.c:trust_get_passwd(294)
  domain_client_validate: unable to read the machine account password for
machin
e WESTSERVER in domain MYGROUP.

I'm running 2.0.7 using Security=DOMAIN and encrypted passwords.  If
anyone has any hints, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,

steven westbrook