Samab Suite not installing properly?

Nestler, David J. David_Nestler at health.state.ak.us
Wed Feb 28 19:29:29 GMT 2001

I'm running Redhat 7.0, with Samba 2.0.7, But I'm having
problems with it, I'm trying to get the Linux box to be authenticated on the
NT network that we're running.  Except that I am a little confused, when I
installed Samba not all of the components were installed correctly, when I
try to run the following executibles it tells me that they don't exist;
addtosmbpass, nmbd, smbd, smbpasswd, smbrun, and smbstatus.  Any ideas on
what I might've done wrong in my installation?
I installed it from the latest version on te samba FTP site, I used to
following lines to install, I may have and I'm guessing I did miss or leave
something out.
gzip -dc samba-2.0.7.tar.gz | tar xvf -
cd samba-2.0.7/source
./configure
make
make install
I checked if those components were installed by trying to run them from the
terminal prompt. Also, I seem to be missing inetd.conf and smb.conf, I've
heard that inetd.conf was replaced by xinetd.conf but all I found was the
directory /etc/xinetd.d.
Samba got installed to the /usr/local/samba directory,and all the programs
are in there, but as I said before, not all of them work.
Does anyone know anyway I can get linux to recognize these other programs so
I can run them or do I need to configure my install in a different way?

Thanks in advance for any help possible.