New Printers do not show up?

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Wed Feb 21 19:39:56 GMT 2001

Mitch McNeel wrote:
> I am running samba 2.0.7 on a UE-450 with Solaris 8.  When
> my printer admin. adds a printer using lpadmin from the
> command line, the printer does not show up in samba until we
> shut and restart samba processes

	This is probbaly best acked on samba at samba.org:
	samba-technical the implementation discussion group.

	If you have a [printers] share, new printers are
	noticed when the smb.conf file is reread: try
	sending a SIGHUP to smbd.  However: if you
	are testing from a PC client instead of smbclient,
	remember to disconnect and reconnect the PC from
	Samba, or it won't see the new printer.

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com