Enabling CHAP

evilhackr evilhackr at evilhackr.com
Wed Feb 14 04:04:45 GMT 2001

Hey everyone,
    I'm having trouble accessing my Samba fs from my Windows machine. The
closest I've come to solving my problem is that I need to enable CHAP on the
Samba server. What alterations would I need to make to smb.conf or anything
else in order to set this up correctly? This 'Invalid password!' error is
getting on my nerves because I'm positive that it's correct. And it doesn't
ask me for a username but guest access is enabled. If you need to see my
smb.conf I'll send it in. E-mail me back please.

    Paul [evilhackr at evilhackr.com]