Samba 2.0.7, W2K/W98, and ACT2000!

DigiProd digiprod at netperson.net
Wed Feb 14 04:44:01 GMT 2001

While not useing ACT2000 databases, I am starting to see several sites using W2K and Samba 2.0.6-9 (from RedHat builds) have many problems with codebase errors. Not until several workstations were added did the problems start.

These places are running NT4 sp6a and were upgraded to W2K. Not untill looking back at when the problems started we realized that it was when we went to 2000. Rolling all the machines back to NT4 cleared up the problem.

I have heard that this is related to new security features in W2K and new security features utilized in Samba. Is this correct?

And will Samba 2.2.0 be compatiable with RH 6.2/1/0 or will a new kernel need to be compiled?

digit

>I have an installation using RH7 which is Samba 2.0.7.  I've created a share for
an ACT2000! database.  There are 15 client stations using the ACT database on
the share.  About 10 of the clients are W2K with the remaining 5 being W98.
After about 15mins of use when 6+ clients are connected to the share, the ACT
database gets corrupted.  oplocks are off for the share.  We moved this same
database to a W98 file share and there are no corruption issues.Anyone with
experience using ACT and Samba?Ron