HOWTO add static entries to WINS?

Avantel Systems alex at avantel.ca
Sun Feb 11 14:33:13 GMT 2001

I believe the samba server will use an lmhosts file if it exists. =20
Use "man lmhosts" for the correct format. =20

However, my understanding is that samba will use lmhosts only for it's ow=
lookups and will not use lmhosts for resolving requests from other hosts.=
  If
that's the problem you are trying to fix then this solution will not work=
 for
you.  For that you would need to use DNS with samba acting as a DNS proxy
(which samba does by default unless you turn if off with "dns proxy =3D n=
o").

Alex Vandenham
Avantel Systems, Ottawa