Please help me!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sun Feb 11 11:31:25 GMT 2001

"A.J. Leitell" wrote:

> Ok I have Solaris 7 on a pentium 133 mhz machine.

--snip install instructions--

> This will allow you to access swat in your web browser by pointing to
> http://localhost:901
>
> one note:  you may have to execute an xhost localhost command to use your
> web browser as root.

Why would you want to do that?  Running netscape (or anything as large
as a graphical web browser) as root is just asking for trouble.  SWAT
does not require you to run your web-browser as root, just to have the
root username and password.  It can also be administered from a remote
computer, depending on your security settings (hosts.allow and freinds).

--
Andrew Bartlett
abartlet at pcug.org.au