Visible but not accessible

Nik Sands Nik.Sands at utas.edu.au
Wed Feb 7 20:43:06 GMT 2001

Ben,

Are you logging into Windows NT with the same username as you are using
with Samba?

There appears to be a bug in WinNT which will ignore the username you type
in to connect to your Samba share IF it differs from the username with
which you logged into Windows.  Note that this is for any SMB share (Samba
or NT).  The problem appears to be fixed in Win2000 and does not occur in
all installations of WinNT, so I don't know exactly where or how the bug
happens.

Cheers,
Nik.

NIK SANDS - Systems Administrator    MailTo:Nik.Sands at utas.edu.au
Information Technology Services             Phone: +61-3-63243732
University of Tasmania, Australia             Fax: +61-3-63243081