INSTALLATION ERROR

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Feb 7 14:25:10 GMT 2001

Hello Vinoth,
There is no need to configure/compile/install Samba on an HP-UX 11.0 system;
HP provides this software free on the application CDs.  You can install
using swinstall; look for the software named
B8725AA or B8726AA  "CIFS/9000 Server..."  (Samba)
(this I believe is on cd #3 of the apps cd package)
You can also install another free software package named
B8723AA or B8724AA  "CIFS/9000 Client..."
(this is on cd #1 of the apps cd set)
which will give you similar functionality as smbmount/smbunmount does for
Linux, ie, allow you to mount NT and win9x shares as 'filesystems' onto your
HP-UX system.

For the latest versions of these products you can download from the web;
our current version is based on 2.0.6 Samba, but we are expecting to release
on the web our next version within 2 weeks, which will be based on 2.0.7
Samba.  The url is:
For CIFS/9000 Server (Samba):

http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo
.pl?productNumber=B8725AA

For CIFS/9000 Client (smbmount/smbumount functionality):

http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo
.pl?productNumber=B8724AA

These pages will also give you online access to other product info on these
products as well as access to the manual set for them.

Hope this helps,
Don