Win98 login bypass

Paul Simons paul.simons at alstom.esca.com
Tue Feb 6 21:56:55 GMT 2001

I take it that users are validating against the Samba domain (The domain
name is the third parameter in the logon dialog box)?  That being the case,
you need to either: 1) Install the policy editor and set up policies, or 2)
edit the registry.  I don't have the docs here, otherwise I could be more
explicit.  Let me know if you need more information.

That being said, I have a problem with WinME logons.  This dates back to
Win95.  I would like to authenticate against the domain, but not have
"roving profiles".  The problem is that roving profiles corrupt themes.
Icons and screensavers get messed up.  I've tried setting "UseHomeDirectory"
(I think) to zero and the profile does not get transferred, yet it appears
that the themes are still messed up.