Passwords

David Allan dallan at thecis.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 16:22:47 GMT 2001

Hi

I would like to not have to setup all the NT users on my network with
mirrored names and passwords on our SUN SOLARIS 2.7 machine. There would
appear to be a way of doing this but nothing seems to work. I understand
that I would have to setup a guest account on the UNIX machine, but when I
try this, and try to map a UNIX dry from WINDOWS explorer, I am asked for
the password. I am using WIN95. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards

David Allan

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and/or
confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, use of this
information (including disclosure, copying or distribution) may be unlawful
therefore please inform the sender and delete the message immediately.  The
views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily those held by The Cattle
Information Service Ltd.  The Cattle Information Service Ltd does not accept
liability for any action taken in reliance on the contents of this message
(other than where the company has a legal or regulatory obligation to do so)
or for the consequences of any computer viruses, which may have been
transmitted by this e-mail.