Problem with hidden files

Dmitri Gendler Dmitri-g at orbotech.com
Sun Dec 30 04:05:02 GMT 2001

	Hello all,

	I'm working with a  CAM package  running on  Windows 2000 OS
(Service Pack 2).
	This CAM should write its output to Sun Blade 100 workstation with
Solaris 8 OS.  On the Sun I installed Samba (ver 2.2.2).
	The output of the CAM is a directory that includes plain ASCII
files. Before starting the output, the CAM creates a directory and an empty
.lock file inside. When the output is completed successfully, the CAM
deletes the .lock file, thus indicating to a program on the Sun that the
output is ready.
	In my case, the CAM system notifies me that the output has  finished
successfully but the .lock file is not removed from the output directory on
the Sun.
	If the output is configured to the local drive of the Windows 2000,
this indicator  is always successful (the .lock file is always  removed).
	I suspect that the problem is due to the .lock file being a "hidden"
file . Is there some trick in configuring Samba for "hidden" files?
	Additional info:
		*	My PC uses DHCP, DNS and NIS+.
		*	The Sun Blade 100 station is stand - alone:
networked, no DHCP, no DNS, no NIS+, not a part of subnet.
		*	The subnet mask is 255.0.0.0 on both computers.

		Thank you for your help.
		Dmitri Gendler