Problem with hidden files

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sun Dec 30 07:44:02 GMT 2001

Look at the "hide dot files" option in samba.conf (or via SWAT). The
default is to hide files beginning with a dot (to mimic the way most
UNIX shells work) so you'd not be able to see the file from the Windows
machine, thus be unable to delete it from the Windows machine. You'll
probably want to a) turn "hide dot files" off or b) use a different
name for the lock file.  You should also fix your CAM app to do error
checking so you'd know if it tried to delete a file that doesn't exist.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology