Reg. Samba configuration

Ramanathan Nachiappan NachiappanR at karna.com
Thu Dec 27 21:09:03 GMT 2001

 Hi All

I am facing a lot of problem for connecting my Linux server as a member
server in my Windows NT 4 based network. Kindley help me overcome it.

 Details about my current setup

 Linux Server
-------------

 Server : RH Linux 7.1
 Kernal : 2.4.2-1
 Samba Ver.: 2.2.2

 Network Details
----------------

 Windows NT 4.0 Details

 NetBios Names of the NT Servers
 ------------------------
PDC : KMS
 BDC : Server
 Linux Details

 Name : Liunx

 My smb.conf file details

 [Global]

 worgroup=karna
 netbios name = linux
 hosts allow = 172.16.1. 127.
 guest ccount = pcguest
 security = domain
 password server = kms
 encrypt passwords = yes
 smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
 passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
 passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n

Note
---------

I don't have DNS,NIS or NFS servers in my network.
I am using Class B Statci IPs for my local network.

 My problem:
1.  I can able to see my liunx system on Windows Network but i can able to access
    the system. it's giving "network path not available" kind of error

2. SWAT is not working in my Linux system

My Requirement
1. I want to share the resources across the OSes using a single user name and password.

 help me

 Regards
Nachi