What's this 135/UDP traffic?

Joachim Feise jfeise at louvre.ICS.UCI.EDU
Fri Dec 21 09:54:06 GMT 2001

According to http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers, port 135 is
epmap           135/tcp    DCE endpoint resolution
epmap           135/udp    DCE endpoint resolution

And usually even M$ is honoring this list.
Now I only have a general idea about DCE, but I think it has been somewhat
integrated into LDAP. So I guess MS tries to find Visio using DCE and LDAP,
based on the .vsd extension of the file you mention.
This is just a guess, though.

-Joe